Thursday 31 July 2008

superman knitted jumper


Vintage patterns are a favourite source of inspiration and projects for me and in my search, I recently found this fab wonder woman jumper on practical polly's blog. I was inspired to put up some pictures of my own past efforts to inject a little comic book heroism into my knitting. This pattern, adapted from a vintage leaflet, as with polly's, took forever to knit, as I knitted it a few rows at a time during other design projects.




The jumper also needed a dismantling and a reknit after it was finished as I underestimated the size of superman's 'muscles'. but after almost a year, it was finally finished in time for superman to brave the massive new york blizzard of 2006...phew....so many lives were saved due to superman not freezing in the snow thanks to the ultra warm blue sky alpaca it was knitted in!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that pattern is so cool

Steph said...

Thats a cool pattern! I love it! :)

claire montgomerie said...

thank you! :)

Heather said...

Is there any way I could get a copy of your pattern? my email is hhobbies@telus.net We just love the sweater :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,
That is a fantastic jumper!! id love to make one for my husband as he LOVES Superman!
Is there any chance i could have a copy of the pattern please?
Bondgirl23@hotmail.com
Many thanks
Sarah, UK x

kaybees said...

I would LOVE a copy of this pattern. If you are sharing, please send one to ghp3mom@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Kay

Anonymous said...

desperately looking for the chart for the superman 's' for my grandson - i'd love a copy please - brownhouse@telkomsa.net.

Anonymous said...

Didn't realise finding superman pattern would be so hard! If you don't mind sharing your pattern, please mail jmaluki@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Could I please, please get a copy of this pattern? My 6 year old grandson is Superman crazy and I have been unable to find a decent pattern. jdollen1@telus.net

cc said...

I love the pattern - would you be able to let me have a copy?
My grandsons would love a superman jumper.

Regards
celia.cooper@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

This looks great.
I've promised my son (aged 15) I will try to knit him a superman jumper.
Could I have a copy of this please.
Thanks. moira.durdy@sky.com

Anonymous said...

Cool, could I get a copy of the pattern as well? It looks great.(thomas.feer@gmail.com)