Friday 29 January 2010

Vintage Knits for Modern Babies


Following on from this week's theme of children's knitting, I was pleased to finally see Hadley Fierlinger of She's Crafty's new book Vintage Knits for Modern Babies in the flesh. Loop are now stocking it and I was excited to see my own recommendation on the back cover.
I still stand by my thoughts that it is a charming and somehow familiar book with pretty patterns and lovely photography. Here are some pictures from it to prove my point.
I love vintage knitting patterns, and I did use them as an inspiration for my own Easy Baby Knits. Hadley's book is not only full of vintage inspired patterns but also vintage inspired pictures, including pretty pastel knitting needle shots; collecting vintage needles being yet another of my obsessions.

1 comment:

Plumbers Harrow said...

Couldn't agree with you more, some of these are really nice