Thursday 5 May 2011

pretty slippers...

More pretty pictures from the kid's knitting book today. I love the idea that you can make a simple slipper pattern then customise them to suit your own character or that of your child's. I am sure any little girl who loves to dance will enjoy sewing ribbons to her pretty in pink pair, or if you are a Wizard of Oz fan like me, the ruby slippers are a must! A boy might even like to make some football boot slippers...would love to see any variations you come up with!

3 comments:

Sara Tomlinson Design said...

I love these. I tried some felted slippers but they didn't work out as wanted, so think I shall try this idea.

Anonymous said...

I love the look of these slippers - however I am having a hard time sewing them together. I can really see the seam - however, in the book's pictures it looks so perfect. Also mine are not as rounded as these, they are more pointed in spots. Any suggestions, tips or ideas on what I might me doing wrong.

Thanks

claire montgomerie said...

hello! so sorry you are having troubles, the slippers are very simple to knit, for beginners, so most of the shaping comes from careful sewing up. I always try to round off any points or corners when sewing and I also use a mattress/invisible stitch, where you have both of the right sides facing you as you work, which helps to control and direct the seam more and makes it less visible, although it will always be somewhat visible on garter stitch.
keep trying, I am sure you will get it just as you want it after a few goes - sometimes that is the way with finishing knitting, you have to undo and redo a few times until it is perfect!
good luck and happy knitting!